[WikiEN-l] A future for Nupedia?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Sep 11 23:45:47 UTC 2004

On 09/10/04 00:17, Jens Ropers wrote:

> I would PLEAD with everyone to '''not''' go the road of requiring
> academic certifications for approval (or even to value them excessively).
> I would be very disappointed to say the least if this community now
> turned around to go the "traditional academic" way and proved my view of
> things wrong.

Indeed. Although I can't phrase it off the top of my head, there seems
something very unWikipedian about it.

There must be a way to make the review process work that lets the wiki
process do the heavy lifting, and gives sane results.

We can't get a 1.0 out if heavy lifting that can't be done by volunteers
is required as part of the process. Let the wiki do the work - just ask
it the right question.

- d.