[WikiEN-l] A future for Nupedia?

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Fri Sep 10 12:37:21 UTC 2004

On 10 Sep 2004, at 10:35, wikien-l-request at Wikipedia.org wrote:

> Message: 10
> Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:42:43 +0100
> From: "Charles Matthews" <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>
>
> <snip />
>
> D) You are not going to get top academics interested.
>
> Charles

Yes we will.
Build it and they will come.
They already are coming.
There already are rather good academics in our midst.

If however some "top academics" were to refuse to respond to our
invitation (which we extend to academics and non-academics alike) just
because they cannot throw their weight around here and have to -gasp-
defend their views among equals, then we're probably better off without
those "top academics". We're not shedding any tears over trolls
deserting the Wikipedia either.

The ''real'' top academics will continue to be (increasingy) attracted
by our proposition and they won't have a problem with defending their
views, nor with conversing with fellow contributors as equals.

-- Jens [[User:Ropers|Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com