[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Re: VfD is broken

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 05:11:57 UTC 2004

How did something which was only first created on August 26 suddenly become policy without a vote or an open discussion?

And if you think that inclusionists haven't been arguing to get rid of VfD, then you obviously haven't been reading all of the posts.

RickK

Chris Wood <standsongrace at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the things which CAN be quickly deleted are very limited.
Right now, there is a huge number of pages written by a troll named [[El
Coronado]] which are obvious fiction, but they are not allowed to be speedy
deleted, because obviously false information is not an acceptable condition
(by some) for speedy deletion. Instead, we have to go through the
cumbersome VfD process to get rid of them. If obviously false information
was an accpetable criterion, then we could have gotten rid of all of this
user's creations already, and we wouldn't have several different entries on
VfD for them.

> If there were no VfD, what would be the inclusionists' acceptable process
for getting rid of this false information?

I don't think any "inclusionists" have argued to get rid of VfD. We're just
saying it isn't working like it was originally designed to. I don't have an
alternative process, just a recommendation that people actually follow
policy on which articles should be listed on VfD - this is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Importance