[WikiEN-l] Announcing Wikibookclub

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 03:38:33 UTC 2004

Hello

Some of us have decided to try a new experiment with Wikipedia and Wikibooks:
the Wikipedia Bookclub. Interested participants will read the same book and
discuss it on mIRC, then work together to write an an article about the book
and potential study guides for Wikibooks. I'd like to invite everyone to join
in, pick new books, start new book clubs if you dont like the book this one is
reading, and help make this an enjoyable experiment in producing information
through community cooperation.

The first book we will read is "Andersonville" by MacKinlay Kantor, a
Pulitzer Prize-winning novel about the infamous prison camp for Confederate officers
and political figures after the U.S. Civil War.

For more information, to sign up, to suggest books, or to form parallel clubs
to read other books, go to [[Wikipedia:Wikibookclub]].

Thanks

Danny