[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun Sep 5 20:15:15 UTC 2004

Rick wrote:

> I entered the request at [[Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/RickK vs.
> Guanaco]] in order to deal with the problem of Guanaco repeatedly making
> unilateral unblocks of blocked users.  This problem finally came to a
> head when he was not only unblocking Michael, even though Jimbo had
> asked him not to, but he was reverting my reversions and deletions of
> Michael's creations under Mike Grant even though this was in
> contravention of the decision that Michael was on hard ban and immediate
> revert.

I don't understand this. Michael was explicitly unbanned. The account
[[User:Mike Grant]] was created in order to allow him to make edits
again, and everybody was explicitly asked *not* to revert him (except,
of course, whenever he posts rubbish).

I don't know how the arbitration went, and I have no interest in looking
at it to find out, but clearly your initial request for arbitration
against Guanaco, who did was Jimbo *did* ask us to do, was pointless.
And I'm saying that solely from the contents of your e-mail; I haven't
checked (and can't be bothered to check) whether it really was Guanaco
who unbanned him, and when, and anything else.

Timwi