[WikiEN-l] Re: Articles like "Violence against Israelis"

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Sat Sep 4 01:12:05 UTC 2004

Delirium stated for the record:
> Generally, it'd be nice if people avoided editing articles
> they had a very strong personal opinion about, or at least let someone
> who didn't care much do a thorough re-editing afterwards.

There's something rather odd about the idea that we should only edit
articles we don't really care about, and avoid working on articles that
we do.  For one thing, most people are more knowledgeable about things
they have "strong personal opinion[s] about," and those "who [do]n't
care much" tend to be less knowledgeable.

I agree that NPOV is our ideal.  I disagree that avoiding matters we are
passionate about is the way to strive toward that ideal.

--
  Sean Barrett     | Yes, I am the last man to have walked on the
  sean at epoptic.com | moon, and that's a very dubious and disappointing