[WikiEN-l] Fwd: email from Irismeister

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Mon Nov 29 12:56:02 UTC 2004

As we become one of the central institutions of global culture, people
justifiably feel that their "take" on things ought to be included. Iridology
is Irismeister's thing. Despite our banning of Iridology for sustained POV
editing and edit warring over the matter we continue to have an article on
Iridology which begins as follows:

"'''Iridology''' is a form of [[alternative medicine]] in which patterns,
colors and other characteristics of stromal fibers of the [[Iris
(anatomy)|iris]] are examined for information about a patient's health.
Practitioners match their observations to ''iris charts'' which divide the
iris into many zones believed to correspond to specific parts of the [[human
body]]. Little scientific evidence exists confirming any such link between
the aspect of the iris and a patient's state of health."

What it doesn't say, as Irismeister would have it, is that iridology is the
best thing since sliced bread. He did not achieve his goal of dominating the
article with his viewpoint which, while represented, takes its place
alongside extensive criticisms. Now, as a professional iridologist, he has
filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Fred