[WikiEN-l] Arbcom Overstepping

James D. Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Sun Nov 28 18:00:07 UTC 2004

On Sunday, November 28, 2004 5:48 PM, Phil Sandifer <sandifer at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2004, at 11:41 AM, Harry Smith wrote:
>
> > This does not appear to the be only case of POV censoring by ArbCom
> > see the WP:RFAR vs Lance6Wins.
> >
> > The Daniel Pipes POV is also censored.
> >
> > Lance6Wins
>
> No, your right to insert the Daniel Pipes POV is removed.
> That ruling makes no attempt to affect the right of other
> users to address Pipes's viewpoints. Just you.
>
> -Snowspinner

IIRC, the wording of that was slightly unclear; it was not what seemed be
Lance6Wins's personal POV, which we noted was very similar to that Daniel
Pipes's, that was the problem, but that he was apparently unable to prevent
himself from inserting it in a non-NPOV manner in said articles.

[Snip]

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester -- Wikimedia: [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Mail: james at jdforrester.org | jon at eh.org | csvla at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
IM  : (MSN) jamesdforrester at hotmail.com