[WikiEN-l] Arbcom Overstepping

Phil Sandifer sandifer at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 27 02:57:58 UTC 2004

I'm seriously concerned about a recent arbcom enforcement. A ban was
ordered against [[User:C Colden]] as per the ruling in the case of
Lyndon LaRouche.

C Colden was not a Wikipedia user when the LaRouche ruling was made. He
was not a party to that case. However, the ruling of the case,
apparently, was a ruling against the insertion of "original research
originating with the LaRouche movement" (Which seems to be an
interchangable phrase with "the LaRouche point of view") into any
article by any user.

This seems to me to reflect a hard arbcom ruling that the LaRouche POV
is not something that need be included under the Wikipedia NPOV policy.
As loathesome as I find the LaRouche movement to be, I am seriously
troubled by the notion that the arbcom can and will make blanket
rulings that certain perspectives are not part of NPOV.

-Snowspinner