[WikiEN-l] Re: ABC News: Silicon Insider on Robert McHenry

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 07:20:17 UTC 2004

Since we've been on the subject of validation systems, I think the way
he expresses the idea of "Olympics-type grading systems that eliminate
the highs and lows" sounds pretty good. Not that I find Olympic judging
to be the standard we should aspire to, mind you, as the South Koreans
and Canadians can tell us. But the principle of weeding out the highest
and lowest percentiles of an article's ratings would help restrict the
tactics of self-promoters and POV warriors if we do get such a system going.

--Michael Snow