[WikiEN-l] WP:3RR

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Nov 17 15:31:54 UTC 2004

Mark Richards wrote:
> So you think that in science pages, for example, space
> should be given to different theories based on their
> relative popularity? This will wreak havock on
> evolution, not to mention gravity!
> Are you really serious?

I think he is serious, but that you've misunderstood him.

All that he's saying, I think, is that as a matter of social reality,
in the vast majority of cases where there is one person reverting
against a large group, and no one else is interested in helping out,
it's because the one person is doing something obnoxious.

That's not saying that the truth is determined by majority vote or
anything like that, ti's just an observation about the facts on the
ground around here.

--Jimbo