[WikiEN-l] About the reliability of the Wikipedia process and content

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 00:59:00 UTC 2004

--- Mark Richards <marich712000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, if it's strictly for version 1, then fine,

Wonderful. :)

> but I
> really don't see why a group of 'experts' would make
> for a more reliable article, it seems that it would
> simply add the standard predjudices that these groups
> bring.

I never said that. My idea for a review would have seats for both experts and
non-experts who are interested in the subject area. Experts would have the
*exact* same power to veto labeling an article 1.0 as the non-experts on the
board.

> The current process of everyone being able to review
> seems to be better. For sure, eternal vigilence is
> needed.

Yes - and we should leverage that in a way that satisfies valid criticism and
gives us better confidence in our own product.

-- mav