[WikiEN-l] the AC needs people with free time and interest

Rich Holton rich_holton at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 02:23:29 UTC 2004

It seems to me that one of the big obstacles to
participating in the AC would be the three-year
commitment. Assuming I were qualified and interested
in being on the AC, I would still hesitate because of
the length of the term. It's hard enough for me to
know what my life will be like next month, let alone
three years from now. And I avoid making a commitment
if I can't reasonably foresee fulfilling it.

If nothing else, perhaps magistrates could have a
shorter term of office?

It also seems like there may be room for other types
of official assistants for AC members. Someone to
prepare briefs, for example.

Just kind of brainstorming here...

-Rich Holton