[WikiEN-l] what's the deal with categories?

David Carson david at hemiware.com
Mon May 31 21:33:28 UTC 2004

K Forstner wrote:
> A few hours I mildly protested against one of those categorizations. See
> [[George Ritzer]], pigeonholed as a "writer".

Hang on, he hasn't been "pigeonholed". He has been noted as being a
writer, which seems fair enough - his article says "He has published
extensively", and more than half of it is taken up with a list of books
he has written. Just because he is in category "Writers" doesn't mean he
can't also be in categories "Sociologists" and "Professors"!

Cheers!
David...