[WikiEN-l] the wik user

Magnus Link ruhrjung at yahoo.de
Wed May 19 07:18:17 UTC 2004

I was about to write a one-year evaluation of my
Wikipedia experience, but that will have to wait to a
rainy day. Today I have one, in my opinion, important
thought, that I would like to share with you.

I think I've made no secret of my dislike for Wik. Or
rather for many of his ways and actions. There is no
need to deny, that I think he is one of the
contributors who harm wikipedia much more than they
make good, although this doesn't mean that I think Wik
is factually wrong (particularly often), not at all.

However, I am concerned about Wikipedia-discussions
tending to become personalized. As if everything would
be OK if only this or that person was tought better -
alternatively chased away.

I think this is a totally wrong approach.

I think what concerned intelligent and experienced
wikipedians should better put their energy into, is
not the question of what to do with this or that
harmful person, but instead what to change in
wikipedia to make wikipedia less vulnerable for the
harm they cause.

(Of course I have ideas myself, but my intention here
is not to promote a particular solution. :-)

Greetings!

en:User:Ruhrjung

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de