[WikiEN-l] RE: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 77

Lee Pilich lee at audiblerecords.com
Mon May 31 23:01:42 UTC 2004

Geoff Burling wrote (in reply to "Jim Kork"):
 >Also, you made 3 reversions to the [[Kemal Atatuerk]] article within 24
hours,
 >which -- even if you had an account -- would result in having your account
 >blocked.

This is not true. Please take a look at [[Wikipedia:Wikipedia:How to revert
a page to an earlier version#Revert wars considered harmful (the three
revert guideline)]]. Basically, it's *more* than three times, not three
times, and the guideline is not enforced by a block (some people might like
it to be, but as things stand it isn't, and quite a few people are against
the idea). It used to be that reverting more than thrice could result in a
quickpoll to block, but this is rather controversial (see
[[Talk:Quickpolls]]), and hasn't been done in practice for over a month.

That's not to take away from the rest of your post, nor to legitimize Mr
Kork's actions in any way (I agree that blocking him in this case was
fine). I just wanted to comment on this one point because there's a lot of
misinformation about this "rule" floating about.

Regards
Lee (Camembert)