[WikiEN-l] RE: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 77

Jim Kork jim_kork at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 19:02:12 UTC 2004

Angela wrote

"You have been blanking articles without explanation (Serdar Argic),"
No, I gave a reason, please check it out.

" removing facts from articles (Armenian Genocide) "
Nobody agrees on that subject, the facts are your own facts, and I didn't
remove it, I was trying to make it more unbiased, because that article is as
it is right now extremely biased political article with full of weird
attacks on the Turk side.

"and writing rude statements on other people's user pages
(User:PMelvilleAustin)"
Can you please tell me what it is, I didn't write any rude statement to
anybody.

"I'm not terribly surprised you were blocked."
I am not terribly suprised either, if you accuse me of removing "facts",
then I would assume you don't want me here either.

"If you are willing to contribute, I strongly advise you to read the
following policies first:"
I have already read them, and I am sad to see that you are using
disagreement as a vandalism excuse to block people from contributing.

">It would also be easier to people to communicate with
>you if you created an account"
Maybe, but that shouldn't be an excuse to block my ip.

"When controversy erupts, it is
>necessary to discuss it, and it is near
>impossible to do that with an IP. Either make an
>account or let it go."
This I don't get much, what matters is that what we write, not our names,
our user names and such. The discussion takes place in the discussion pages,
oh by the way, the person who blocked me accused me of being Serdar Argic
long before blocking me. Clearly we disagree on certain things, but I didn't
know that wikipedia admins can use this difference as an excuse to block
people whenever they like.

It is also interesting that, you only welcome anonymous users for
non-controversial stuff. For controversial articles, their voices do not
count? Please, it is what we write, not who we are.

Thanks