[WikiEN-l] We need your advice!

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sun May 30 12:05:42 UTC 2004

A few thoughts. Clearly communicate with those who are "trolling" or
edit-warring the nature of your difficulties with whatever they are doing.
Give them a fair opportunity to change what they are doing, with edit
warriors generally that involves them communicating better with their
opponents and getting down to the business of looking up the facts, trying
to find ways to satisfy both viewpoints, etc.

With respect to mediation, you can start with one or two of you offering
informal mediation, you probably have at least one person with training in
mediation, perhaps someone with union experience.

Arbitration is slow and rather unsatisfying to the participants since their
doctrinal disputes are not settled; rather an inquiry results into whether
they have followed the rules, usually neither have. It turns out that there
is reluctance to enforce some things that have been thought to be rules and
conversely new "rules" develop as a practical remedy is sought for some
variety of intolerable refractory behavior.

Fred