[WikiEN-l] How we should be dealing with Wik

KNOTT, T tknott at qcl.org.uk
Fri May 28 11:58:25 UTC 2004

>It is very difficult to decide whether this or that
>sockpuppet is really Wik so we will certainly disrupt others if we are
too
>aggressive.

Most of the sockpuppets have been pretty easy to detect so far. The
chance of onnocent users being affected is minimal IMO. I'm not saying
we should be aggressive, I'm saying we should be firm.

>Removing stuff from Jimbo's talk page (if indeed it was Wik and
not some provocateur) is a really bad idea.

Why? Also if it isn't wik, but some provocateur then a ban of 7 days
seems a pretty apt punishment for impersonating Wik in order to stir up
trouble.

Theresa