[WikiEN-l] Wik's vandalism and threats

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu May 27 12:53:32 UTC 2004

KNOTT, T wrote:
> Rick what do you want done? Tell me something practical and I'll do it.

I second this. It is just not clear to me what RickK thinks anyone
could do differently.  It's quite east to accuse others of protecting
Wik, or to accuse the arbitration process of being nonsense, but much
harder to propose something practical and constructive.

As far as I can see, people have been protecting pages and banning ip
numbers and sock puppets as they arise.  What else can be done?

One thing that could be done, that hasn't been done to the degree that
I would like, is for Cantus/Quagga to just *drop it*.  Repeatedly
doing stuff back to Wik as punishment for what Wik has done is wrong
and juvenile.

Leave a clean paper trail, always remember that.  Each of us should
let our own behavior be totally pure, sot hat when trouble does arise,
it is easy to see who is in the wrong.

--Jimbo