[WikiEN-l] [freax at arrakis.es: Copyright Violation at Wikipedia]

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu May 27 10:55:33 UTC 2004

I see that this is already listed on [[Wikipedia:Copyright problems]],
and I hope that the resolution will be prompt.

----- Forwarded message from Phil Franks <freax at arrakis.es> -----

From: Phil Franks <freax at arrakis.es>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:31:58 +0200
To: Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com>
Subject: Copyright Violation at Wikipedia

 Jimmy Wales, President
 Wikimedia Foundation
 3911 Harrisburg St. NE
 St. Petersburg, FL 33703

Dear Sir,

I'm writing to you regarding the unauthorized use
of one of my copyright images.

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Zappa.jpg

My original image is embedded with the Digimarc
digital watermark, see http://digimarc.com

I declare and state, in good faith, that as
copyright owner, I have not authorized this use
of my copyright image.

I state under penalty of perjury that I am the
sole legal owner of the image and all rights
thereto, and therefore request, in compliance
with the DMCA, now that you have been made aware
of the infringement, that you take all necessary
steps without delay to ensure that this use
ceases, and that your subscriber desist from any
future infringement of my copyright.

Faithfully,

Phil Franks
--
This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of

Phil Franks <mailto:freax at arrakis.es>

URL:http://www.ibiblio.org/mal/MO/philm/

--
Phil Franks