[WikiEN-l] Re: w to properly use articles from an outside GFDL source?

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Thu May 27 05:12:06 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 20:12, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Daniel Mayer wrote:
> >The GNU FDL is a complicated mess. The sooner we can be free of it, the
> > better. IMO.
>
> It's basically impossible to change the license at this point; since
> all writers still own the copyrights to their material, every single
> one of them would have to be contacted and agree to the change of
> license.

For any given point of time, once there will be more material written after
that point then before it. If everyone agrees that, in principle, it would be
good if Wikipedia would be dual-licenced, change the licence now and
eventually most of Wikipedia will be dual-licenced. If a lot of contributors
agree to accept new licence for their former work, it would be even better,
but even if they don't it doesn't matter.