[WikiEN-l] Wik's vandalism and threats

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 00:23:45 UTC 2004

Why is that nobody has even bothered to note that Wik has consistanly violated his 7-day block and not only that, but is going wild in vandalizing other people's User and Talk pages?  What is it about Wik that you people let him get away with so much?  Does he have blackmail information on you people?  Why is everybody bending over backwards to help him get away with so much?  If it were me, especially, or any other user who behaved as Wik does, we would have been banned and not allowed to post again, let alone violate the requirements of his ban and violate the requirement that nobody be allowed to vandalize other people's User and Talk pages?  Why is that I am the only person who seems to be interested in protecting Quagga, who, for some unknown reason, has become the target of Wik's wrath (well, I am too, and I was at first.  Then when I decided the hell with it and let him have his way, Dori protected Wik's Talk page and Wik didn't go after HIM.)  There is no reason for Wik's
 attacks on Quagga.

And now that Quagga has, justifiably, returned the affection, Wik has posted this on Jimmy Wales's Talk page:

"All right, after my last comment Quagga has done it again. I'm seriously throwing down the gauntlet now: either you effectively protect my userspace (which clearly now necessarily entails banning Quagga) or this site will not come to rest. I have an endless supply of proxies (and ISPs if necessary). You know that I have never used such things in article disputes. But this now is a matter of personal honour, and I will never relent on this in the slightest. It is one thing that, after spending ten months doing more useful edits than anyone else, I was effectively banned in a grotesque arbitration ruling, but that I should now, adding insult to injury, have to accept my own user space being vandalized with impunity, is a monstrous injustice that I simply WILL NOT ACCEPT. Wik "

So, is anybody going to do anything about it, or are you just going to let him have his way?  Or are you going to block Quagga because Wik says so?

More useful edits than anyone else?  My, Wik has a high opinion of himself, doesn't he?  But then, it's the way all of you make him feel, isn't it?

RickK