[WikiEN-l] Re: [[Anti-French sentiment in the United States]]

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Wed May 26 12:30:54 UTC 2004

The latest news here in Colorado is that our governor, Bill Owens, at some
convention in Illinois told a few anti-French jokes, including one that
went:

"Why does the new French navy have glass-bottomed boats?

So they can see the old French navy!"

I think in light of this recent news, an article is justified which includes
such ridiculous assertions, as it is prominent public officials who are
making them.

Why Colorado elected such a fool is a long story.

Fred