[WikiEN-l] Re: w to properly use articles from an outside GFDL source?

Peter Jaros rjaros at ShaysNet.com
Tue May 25 19:32:25 UTC 2004

On May 24, 2004, at 12:19 PM, Daniel Mayer wrote:

> If we had a hand in drafting the GNU FCL, then we could ensure that it
> could be
> friendly to all content and more lax in what needs to be done in order
> comply (requiring pretty much what we require for compliance - which
> happens to
> be a *very* liberal interpretation of the GNU FDL in order to make is
> practical
> for people to copy us).

How stuck are we to the license?  If you're saying it could be
possible to change it, could it be possible to make our own license?
Or is there another license out there that's just what we want?

Peter

                  A house without walls cannot fall.
     Help build the world's largest encyclopedia at Wikipedia.org