[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 58

Peter Jaros rjaros at shaysnet.com
Sat May 22 17:08:48 UTC 2004

On May 21, 2004, at 1:20 PM, John Knouse wrote:

> I find this whole recipe argument kind of odd.  What's wrong
> with sample recipes?  Someone can, for instance, read the
> article about tapioca and not get a very complete
> understanding of it.  But a recipe that the reader can make
> can provide a far more complete understanding of tapioca.

I'll agree with that.  But an article shouldn't assert that this is
*the* way to make tapioca pudding.  The recipe should be exemplary
of most recipes.  (I don't think I used that correctly, but I hope
the meaning gets across...)

Peter

                  A house without walls cannot fall.
     Help build the world's largest encyclopedia at Wikipedia.org