[WikiEN-l] How to properly use articles from an outside GFDL source?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat May 22 14:18:16 UTC 2004

I want to do some Wikipedia articles based on Disinfopedia articles.
They're GFDL. But what is the proper way to carry over authorship
information? Cut'n'paste the Disinfopedia page history (they use
MediaWiki too) to the Talk page? Acknowledgement link at the bottom
of the page, as we use for FOLDOC or Jargon File-based articles?

(What I'm attempting to do is fill in some of the links on
[[Alexis de Tocqueville Institution]]. The Disinfopedia article on
them is in ==External links==; what I want to do is import some of
the articles linked to from their article on the AdTI.)

- d.