[WikiEN-l] Offensive photos policy

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Thu May 13 05:23:51 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller wrote:

>>I think I see where we disagree now.  Your position is that we should
>>show the image in all cases unless 95% of the people think it should
>>not be shown, and that this should be a policy which overrides
>>consensus and compromise.
>>

>Um, no, I think that when 95% of the people think it should not be shown,
>that *is* a consensus.

By your standards then, we will show all images, no matter how
offensive, with possibly goatse and little else being "censored".

Note that the Nick Berg decapitation image now only has 81% support for
not putting it inline, so by not having it inline we are, by your
argument, catering to the non-neutral majority POV that images of
decapitated heads should not be displayed.

-Mark