[WikiEN-l] Offensive photos policy

Peter Jaros rjaros at shaysnet.com
Thu May 13 00:46:00 UTC 2004

On May 12, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Erik Moeller wrote:

> You have not offered a single plausible counter-argument on why, for
> example, this would be any different from moving criticisms of Mother
> Teresa to a separate page if the majority does not like to read about
> them.

Fair enough.  I would say that the primary difference between text
and image in this case is that text can be skimmed and skipped.  It
is *much* harder to avoid an image, especially an image one finds
disturbing or offensive.

Peter

                  A house without walls cannot fall.
     Help build the world's largest encyclopedia at Wikipedia.org