Severed head (wasRe: [WikiEN-l] Offensive photos policy)

Fennec Foxen fennec at gmail.com
Thu May 13 00:17:05 UTC 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 13:11:06 -0700 (PDT), Mark Richards
<marich712000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am unconvinced that a photo of this nature adds
> anything to the article, or will remain that
> newsworthy. The incident is tragic, and documenting it
> is important, but a graphic picture of a severed head?
> Why?
Mark is talking sense here. And on the issue of my-own-two-cents...
One of the nice things about Wikipedia, I have found, is that I can
view an article on, say, [[shock site]]s without being shown the
picture of the goatse man.

Is there any objection to having this and similar images linked
besides the fact that it may (or may not) possibly be construed as POV
or judgemental? I'll take a good dose of "being nice to the reader"
over a theoretical and/or philisophical objection any day of the week.

~~~~
(that does not work inna email, darnit)