[WikiEN-l] Grievance

Angela sloog77 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 11 22:47:15 UTC 2004

 --- Matt McLauchlin <matt_mcl at sympatico.ca> wrote: >
Is there any official way to file a grievance
> against another user?
> [[User:Chameleon]] has just insulted my religion in
> [[Talk:Zaragoza,
> Spain]]. I find this unacceptable behaviour.

There is an official way. This is described at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Dispute_resolution.
If you find that talking to this user doesn't help,
you can ask others to review the situation at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment
and then seek mediation if the grievance can not be
resolved in this way.

Wikipedia has a policy of "no personal attacks"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:No_personal_attacks).
I would recommend you remove them, as suggested at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Remove_personal_attacks,
but some users have disagreed with this sort of
response (see the talk page).

Angela.