[WikiEN-l] Review - re I just blocked someone for 9999 hours

Mark Richards marich712000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 16:21:32 UTC 2004

I don't necessarily oppose the principle of giving
sysops more power to act quickly, but if this is
given, it must be with more opportunity for the
community to review those decisions. Kind of a
retroactive Votes for Deletion if you like.

For example, if you quickly delete a page, and ban a
user in a way that is not currently supported by
policy, your action should be listed for a week for
people to comment on, and reviewed if necessary.

Mark