[WikiEN-l] Historian: origin of apparent "policy" re recipes andhow-tos?

KNOTT, T tknott at qcl.org.uk
Tue May 11 11:17:01 UTC 2004

No, a few people discussed it on the how to talk page. Most people have never shown much of an interest in how to type article, so we just decided amongst ourselves really. It was decided that the recipes should be moved first, we'd worry about the other stuff later. Then people started complaining that stuff was being deleted, so then every recipe started going through VfD. In the meantime people still put How tos on VfD claiming they are unencylopedic.

As a contributor of lot's of How to pages my own opinion is that I don't care if it's wikipedia or wikibooks, I just want them somewhere, and I don't want people adding VfD notes on them.