[WikiEN-l] Re: Consumerium

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sat May 8 23:29:25 UTC 2004

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Michael Snow wrote:
>

>>Finally, we have found a wiki to which we can direct our trolls, instead
>>of trying to pawn them off on Meatball or Sheldon's Disinfopedia!
>>

>I would recommend against that, actually.  I've talked to Juxho a fair
>bit, and he's a nice person who is trying to figure out how to have a
>nice wiki.  He didn't say this part, but I think he's just not quite
>sure what to do about this situation.

The problem with joking and being serious at the same time is that
you're pretty much guaranteed to be misunderstood.

If Juxho actually objects to having us steer trolls his way, then we
should respect that. From looking at Consumerium, along with what other
people had to say, I had the impression that he's relatively accepting
of them. But I can also see that this is a small wiki still trying to
find its identity.

Anyway, if Consumerium or some other site does really become a
TrollWiki, it could be useful in providing an outlet to divert some of
the pressure that occasionally builds up around here.

--Michael Snow