[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's problems

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat May 8 22:57:57 UTC 2004

It took a while, Robert, but we did ban this guy for one year (I would have
banned him indefinitely). I would have banned him (if our policy permited)
for his anti-semitisim and systematic point of view editing (just as I would
ban you should the opportunity arise for systematic point of view editing,
if our policy permitted).

I don't know what we can do about someone who sees anti-Semitism everywhere
and thinks he is being persecuted. The problem is that you are a very
aggressive editor, constantly pushing your "scientism" point of view, so
folks are in fights with you. Perhaps some take cheap shots at you once they
learn you are sensitive. Then there are a few actual anti-Semites (I would
exclude those who are disturbed by the excesses of Zionism).

As to talking with folks, it slows you down, but generally is at least as
productive as writing articles. Your opponents would not be editing the
article you are unless they have a common interest in the topic. I think, at
least sometimes, great differences in perspective can be bridged or at least
understood. Not that I was ever able to do that with you. But, if you were
wiling to listen and think about others perspectives I think you might be
able to work with some editors with whom you think you can't work with.

Fred