[WikiEN-l] Jail

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed May 5 17:20:39 UTC 2004

I think this is consistent with my concept of using QuickPolls to temp
ban users.  I'm uncomfortable with giving individual sysops the power
to do this sort of thing, because if we lack any sort of multi-person
review of a decision until the week or two it takes the committee to
act, we'll have a lot of trouble.

But if 80% and at least 8 users say to "arrest" someone, then by golly,
it sounds good to me.

Additionally, I don't think it's easy to project what the results of
quickpolls in such a system would be if we just base it on the quickpolls
we've done so far.  People's voting incentives change if the vote is for
a temp ban that will be reviewed by the arbitration committee.

--Jimbo