[WikiEN-l] Jail

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 15:03:46 UTC 2004

In the Western movies the good sheriff would go after the bad guy and
bring him in, throw him into the jail house, and then the court would
set up a trial.

Of course, if the guy resisted the sheriff's arrest attempts, the
sheriff would get rough, puching and kicking and throwing a bar stool
or two around. And if the guy resisted the sheriff with a pistol, the
sheriff wouls simply take out his own in faster-than-light speed
(don't you love the magic of movies?) and put blow him away.

What's my point?

We don't have enforcers. We just let the
robber/vandal/please-mommy-help-me-i-m-innocent-crybaby run amok
while we try to get a jury pool together.

I say throw him/her in wikiJail: No edit rights, a gag order (no
mailing lists), and access to ONE court appointed
wikilawyer/mediator, via email only.

Then, a court date, a judge, jury, and decision within 24 hours.

If the jailed person decides to try to escape the constrains of
confinement, then he/she will receive an immediate and automatic X
year(s) ban. X determined by the judge.

Wikipidia editing is a Privilege, not a Right.

=====
Christopher Mahan
chris_mahan at yahoo.com
818.943.1850 cell