[WikiEN-l] Grubby spam mail

Arno M redgum46 at lycos.com
Sat May 1 12:58:34 UTC 2004

Has anyone else been getting messages like the one
below in their e-mail accounts?

"Just got this from CNN Osama Bin Laden has just been captured! A video
and some pictures have been released. Goto the link below for pictures,
I will update the page with the video as soon as I can"

A link then is then given, which contains the
expression God Bless America.

However, if you click on it, you'll get a Hungarian
porn site showing pictures of silly young women with,
well, I don't think that's condensed milk that's been
splattered on their faces.

The reason why I suspect a connection with this chat
site is that it's the only place where my e-mail
address appears. Maybe someone who uses it got a virus? Alternately, some spammer found a way of bypassing the user-at-website format.

BTW, the e-mail address where this message comes from
is phony. It supposedly comes from yahoo, but yahoo
says that the address is a spoof one.