[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 8, Issue 52

Dan Miller meelar2 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 04:23:47 UTC 2004

> It's another thing to have a link or entry that does
> nothing more than
> promote the business. I removed an external link to
> a listing of a local
> chain of restaurants for that reason. From your
> description, Nunh-huh is
> doing nothing more than providing free advertising.
>
> Geoff

I disagree.  Imagine [[Las Vegas]] without mentioning
the MGM Grand, or [[Chicago]] without mentioning
Wrigley Field.  Private enterprises compose an
essential part of the character of many places, and
avoiding them emasculates the articles.

Meelar

=====
"If the Democratic policies had been pursued over the last two or three years, the kind of tax increases that both Kerry and [Sen. John] Edwards [D-N.C.] have talked about, we would not have had the kind of job growth we've had."

-- Vice President Cheney, in an MSNBC interview March 2, lending his perspective to the economy's loss of 2.2 million jobs over three years.