[WikiEN-l] Re: Mediation board, Erik and Brion

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 17:56:54 UTC 2004

Timwi a écrit:
> Erik Moeller wrote:

>> The next  time you have an issue with something I do, I would very
>> much appreciate  it if you would tell me so in private so we can seek
>> a resolution, instead  of screaming bloody murder without just cause.
>

> As far as I understood this, nobody knew who actually deleted the
> thread. It was therefore perfectly justified to post to the mailing
> list. Given the frustration and annoyance caused by the thread deletion,
> the tone of the posting was perfectly understandable.

When I receive a private mail from the board, from the administrator of
the board...(the one called admin), to notify me I got a private
message, the name given is Brion Vibber one and the email adress is
brion at pobox.com

check here

http://boards.wikimedia.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2&sid=672eafc24e44ca6a4cb5bb093cc0a94a

I remember well that Erik nicely set the board for us; but frequently
receiving mails from admin-brion, well, you wonder who the admin is.

I was following that thread closely.
When I could not find it, I first thought I had lost synapses. I looked
again and again.
Then I thought Sannse had asked deletion. I asked her on irc. She had not.
I then thought perhaps I had never noticed that the author of a thread
could delete it (in this case, Bird I think), I went back, but no.
I consequently understood that neither Sannse, nor Bird had deleted it,
but who was the admin was not obvious. But clearly, an admin had deleted
it, without asking nor reporting.

If Erik had been on irc, I would have asked him directly. Not being
there, the most obvious step was the mailing list. I do not see this
issue as being only private. The whole mediation board is concerned.