[WikiEN-l] Edit war policy meaningless

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Mar 13 19:40:29 UTC 2004

Martin-

> Slight correction: protection on the version that problem user X doesn't
> like.

That's completely pointless if the user doesn't really care about what
version a page remains in but enjoys the process of fighting per se. That
seems to be the case with Wik. He reverts, reverts, reverts, reverts, then
he even *asks* for protection of the page. As soon as it becomes
unprotected again, he will continue reverting to his preferred version.
This happened with [[McFly]] -- I unprotected it three times already, and
every time Wik came back to revert it almost instantly. It is protected to
this day. So what are we gonna do -- keep it protected forever? That is an
unfair punishment of everyone else.

No, the right thing to do is to tell this user to either abide by our
rules or go away. This is not a matter of debate, it is a matter of fact.

Erik