[WikiEN-l] Re: Root and Branch - it's the only way.

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 15:34:04 UTC 2004

Fred Bauder a écrit:

>     The only logical thing to do is to rename the Arbitration Committee
>     into something more close to what their actual role is, and rename
>     the Mediation Committee into the Arbitration Committee, and give it
>     live ammunition. What do I mean with live ammunition? I honestly
>     don't know! Anything the current "so-called" Arbitration Committee can
>
> bear to part with...
>
> Ok, Maybe you want them to be able to impose short bans, protect
> pages... What?

3 days ago, I imposed a virtual protection on the top of DNA page.
It was meant to protect the page from a new edit war, while letting most
of it editable.
And to insure people would talk about it rather than edit the article again.
I soft ban one user who did not respect that virtual protection

I felt GREAT !

Because I felt something was possibly do-able in that direction. And
that *I* could do something about it. Not just wait for nothing to happen.

I felt great till 5 hours later desysoped 168 quit the project.

I think this is an option to explore to fix a dispute, while limiting
impact on other editors. In the end, it is a bit like a mediation (ie,
trying to have people talk and discuss, online and offline) while
limiting damage (by protection and banning possibilities).

(now...I am not sure...what to do next since 168 is gone...I suppose I
will restore the community version and possibly, depending on the DNA
editors position on the matter, I was thinking of letting a soft
protection on the community version for a while longuer in case Lir or
Bensaccount would feel like changing it soon...)

Ant