[WikiEN-l] Transition to WikiDemocracy

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Tue Mar 9 21:02:12 UTC 2004

> I did not plan to be the one to force the issue; I had hoped to avoid
> even the slightest hint of "unilateral action", but todays' crisis
> seemed to call for what we might call "citizen's arrest". Responding to
> repeated calls for help, I blocked a user and all his known puppet
> accounts. This action requires immediate review by the Arbitration
> Committee.
>
> If the committee wants to unblock him before making a decision, that's
> fine. That's what Fred and all them are supposed to do: figure out how
> to handle a case where everyone else has given up. If they want to keep
> the block in place while they investigate and make up their minds,
> that's fine too.

I vote to ratify/endorse/support/agree-with Ed's bans.  Bird and its
sock puppets have explicitly announced its intentions of doing harm to
Wikipedia.  It needs to be restrained while its allegations are
evaluated.

--
 Sean Barrett     | Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in
 sean at epoptic.com | rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.