[WikiEN-l] The 3-revert rule

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Mar 9 14:24:45 UTC 2004

If we are going to give admins the power to enforce a NEW RULE on
signed-in users, there should be:

(a) A very clear vote about this major policy change.
(b) Sufficient notice about when the vote ends, and when the policy
takes effect.

I thought I was paying pretty close attention to Wikipedia -- But this
is the FIRST I EVER HEARD ABOUT THIS!!!!

So I propose that we announce this vote in the mailing list and re-start
the deadline. I don't want to have people boycotting the election or
refusing to abide by its results, and then starting a rebellion (as
recently happened in Haiti).

I hope there is at least 30 days, from today when I first heard of this
proposed policy change, to the "closing of polls". Anything less seems
like a trick, and will not gain sufficient support.

Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed
Developer & Bureaucrat
Wikien-l Admin