[WikiEN-l] Erik, a couple of requests

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 07:09:49 UTC 2004

Erik, I reverted that edit of you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship&diff=2676279&oldid=2674374

(comment : delisting sam, too contentious and will
only provoke extended flamewars)

If you disagree with Sam as a sysop, please just do
like everyone else (but you) does : vote against Sam.

Do not delist candidates. Allow free speech :-)

--------

Erik, when you unilaterally unsysop someone, could you
please tell the community about it and not only the
user in question (and me, thanks for telling) ?

I know not if there is a requirement somewhere, for
clarity and respect of information display,
mentionning that a developper unsysoping a sysop
should tell the community about it, but if there is
none, I think there should.

Could you update the policy for me (if it is not in
the policy) ?

I am fine with a couple of users taking the
responsability of enforcing rules, but I think a
developer should not be a position of power, and the
minimum a developer should do, would be to tell the
community of any unilateral decisions he takes
(especially when no one asked him to, and this even if
the action is supported by rules).

Being sysop is not really a position of power, but
being a developer is. When on top of it, it is the
same person who
1. make/decide the rule
2. take the decision of enforcing the rule
3. technically enforce the rule

That is a question of separating some pillars of
power, which usually denote a democracy.

Thanks