[WikiEN-l] User talk page spamming (policy suggestion)

Optim optim81 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 15:34:34 UTC 2004

talkpage spamming. I disagreed. Timwi replied
stating "It is annoying to be bothered with
impersonal requests that you have nothing to do
with."

My message:

Since you had edited the article, you had some
connection with the case, so it was not spamming.

Personally I was very happy to get this user's
message regarding Lucid dreaming, and I wouldn't
like people to stop informing me about articles
where I have contributed because of some
"spamming" policy.

I wouldn't like if some user will use the talk
pages for real spamming (i.e. "buy my product"
etc). But I just don't understand how the cases
you described can be considered spamming.

I wouldn't object a spamming policy if it could
define properly what spamming is.

--Optim