[WikiEN-l] Legal threats as grounds for automatic termination

wiki pedista wikipedista at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 09:52:06 UTC 2004

mav wrote:

-----

--- Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> What I want to do is to create an agreement that all
disputes will be
> handled through our arbitration procedure, thus
precluding any legal action
> other than possible appeal of an arbitration
decision.  I don't think folks
> realize that we can legally do that.

That is already part of the submission standards that
Alex drafted a while ago.
We should look back into that and make it official
(along with the terms of use
he wrote up as well).

-- mav

-------

I believe the matter of this thread is general enough
that should be continued either on wikipedia-l, or
even
better, on foundation-l, in case the agreement was
required in all of the foundation projects.

I agree that we really should bring back the matter of
the submission standards and terms of use, including
the arbitration clauses, as a
condition for editing. Once this is agreed upon,
would it be conveninet to requiere all
registered users to sign once the
agreement as a condition for their continuing editing,
or is it enough with telling something like "edition
of a page means acceptance of the conditions"?

AstroNomer