[WikiEN-l] Ed Poor's abuse of admin powers

libertarian libertarian at myway.com
Sat Jun 12 18:55:10 UTC 2004

Abe,

Your frustration is understandable. I myself have faced this sort of hounding from the gang of BCorr, Ed Poor, Angela, VV and others. They form a closed knit group and inadverently indulge in propaganda. Much of it may be due to their ignorance. Wikipedia is not a good encyclopedia. It is just like USENET and no better than USENET in terms of information and disinformation.

On the coup that overthrew Allende, it ***was backed by United States***, but there are several reasons that Americans refuse to have that information out there.

1) As you may have found out, most Americans are ignorant people and look up to their Government for verification. They just cannot believe that their Govt did not do something against liberty.

2) White Supremacists in America deny it.

3) They are mostly indoctrinated into thinking that they can only be victims and have never been the perpetrators of violence. Cut Ed Poor, VV and others some slack. Maybe their knowledge base is inferior and they do not know that USA backed the coup against Allende. Ignorance is an American trait.

4) They are indoctrinated into thinking that only they are victims of Muslim terrorists, tinpot military dictators and Communists while others cannot be victims. This is called subliminal racism, i.e., they are all racist but don't realize it. Their minds are conditioned by their environment.

A few months back, there was some Communist propaganda against Hindus in India. Apparently, Muslims in India are extremely peaceful people, but Hindus oppress them! Amazing claim because when you look at Hindus all over the world, you don't see them hijacking planes and slamming them into buildings or blowing themselves up. When I pointed out that the authors of the report were Communist and one of them was a well known Communist who contested elections on the Communist ticket, this gang kept vandalising it and removing that reference.

One Indian kid overawed by Communism who I think must barely be in college is their 'expert' on India (Most Indians who support Communists suffer from inferiority complex and want to impress Whites and think that getting appreciation from Whites is an achievement. They do this by trashing everything Indian and like the ignorant liberals in the US, they too think that they should call Islam a 'religion of peace' and claim that Hindus are the most violent people.
This kid's bewilderment at my knowledge of politics in the 60s and 70s may mean that he is just learning the ropes and it may not be inferiority complex on his part. He just couldn't get himself to believe that the well known judge was a Communist party candidate in elections.
These people were learning stuff from me while the "edit war" was going on, but later locked it in favor of those who learnt from me.)

I don't think Wikipedia has a future as an encyclopedia. The style may imitate an encyclopedia, but one must always verify facts elsewhere. Please tell others to cross-check with more reliable sources if they gleaned any information from Wikipedia. Like USENET, Wikipedia has its role - it may be used as a starting point which gives pointers to various sources.

Wiki admins can still redeem themselves and prove that they are not White Supremacists. All they have to do is allow the point about USA backing the coup against Allende to be put up along with other facts.

-libertarian

--- On Tue 06/08, Abe Sokolov < abesokolov at hotmail.com > wrote:From: Abe Sokolov [mailto: abesokolov at hotmail.com]To: wikien-l at Wikipedia.orgDate: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 03:43:24 +0000Subject: [WikiEN-l] Ed Poor's abuse of admin powersI think that a number of users have been misunderstanding my posting. I was
not calling Ed Poor's activities on the mailing list an abuse of admin
powers. This was just an attempt by Ed Poor to poison the well against me so
that he could get his way on the Pinochet article, where he did abuse admin
powers.

His unprotection of the Pinochet article and minutes later his restoration
of the version favored by VeryVerily (but opposed by roughly 90% of the
users who've participated in the discussion on the talk page) were the
abuses to which I was referring.

-172/listinfo/wikien-l