[WikiEN-l] Re: Personal research on talk pages

dpbsmith at verizon.net dpbsmith at verizon.net
Fri Jul 30 15:29:36 UTC 2004

> From: Robert <rkscience100 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [WikiEN-l] No personal original research policy

> Recently someone has been searching for essays I have
> written outside of Wikipedia, and has been trying to get
> people to discuss them on a Talk page for a Wikipedia
> article.

Huh? Those policies don't apply to Talk pages. What goes on on a Talk page
should be no big deal, as long as it has at least the iota of a scintilla of
a fragment of a shred of tangential relevance to the article it
discusses. And as long as it doesn't occupy so much space as to constitute a
drain on storage resources and isn't a hidden attempt to hijack Wikipedia
resources as a personal website. Why fuss about it? If you think your stuff
doesn't belong in Wikipedia, mention it in the discussion and let it go. Time
to worry about it when original research goes into an _article_.  My $0.02,
anyway.