[WikiEN-l] Viajero/Zero and Lance6 - POV terms

Harry Smith lance6wins at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 19:49:59 UTC 2004

S Vertigo,

If I read your message correctly, and I might not
language being the poor method of communication that
we  have.

You appear to be saying that words are difficult,
"tricky".

That murder is locally defined, which might be the
case.  Though I dont see why the local definition
criterion should be limited to murder.  Please lets
stay on an even keel about this...there have been
governments that have legalized actions that later
have  been widely characterized as murder.  Indeed 20
century Europe offers examples of this.  Is Wikipedia
to adopt the local definition in these examples?  We
might argue that the local definition has changed
since then, but then could we describe the acts as
murder if they were not locally defined such at the
time?

Sincerely,
Lance6Wins